Finally fixed the map issue from changes in Pico8 and fixed the 10 minute game freeze bug.
Some dialog stuff and fixed a bunch of bugs, cabins now work and there are caves you can rest in.
How to survive your first day:
- When you wash up you're nearly dead, hungry, tired, and exhausted.
- Your health will drop if any statuses (hungry,tired,exhausted,cold) are in the red.
- Resting while your statuses are ok will restore health
- Quickly drink some water from your flask. (x -> items -> flask -> drink)
- Find some fruit/berries and pick them then eat them.
- Salvage wood from your boat, and chop down another tree and get the logs
- Build a shelter, eat, drink and rest, stay warm
- After this, focus on finding freshwater (it has white sparkles) so you can drink and fill your flask
- Then try and find some stone and build a cabin which will replenish your stamina fully
- Build bridges to new areas
- Day night cycle
- Temperature (it's colder at night and when it's raining, stay warm in your shelter/cottage)
- Simple menu system
- Procedurally generated world
- Bridge building
- Building wells that fill with water when it rains
- Plants grows overnight while you're resting
- Fishing minigame
- Wild animals and fences to keep safe
- Disallow some stuff at night to incentivise you to work during the day
I suspect code size optimisation will be quite critical =\