Pieces of Cake
You're baking cakes for the Winter holidays! You do this by putting ingredients into a tray and trying to score the most points by assembling the longest combos possible!
This is an entry in the 2018 PICO-8 Advent Calendar - day #10.
How to play
The easiest way to learn is the "how to play" option in-game, but here is the gist:
- You make cakes by playing tiles into the tray. When the tray fills up, the cake is baked and scored.
- You get a recipe for each cake. The total score on tiles with a given ingredient has to at least match the number in the top-left corner.
- Tiles with the same ingredients fuse together when placed next to each other.
- Tiles with different ingredients interact through links. There are colored knobs on the sides of tiles. A red knob means that a tile will link with a red tile in this direction (the color of the score tag matters). Tiles earn bonus points when linked (equal to the lowest score already on them) and swap places.
- You can use all that swapping to make combos, which score extra points to all the tiles in your tray.
- Every link or fuse that you make earns you an extra tile to use.