Hungry Harry's Climb
Wow! I finally made a finished version of my LD39 game. Overall, I am fairly satisfied with this game, if not super enthused. I had to make many concessions to fit it into the token count. However, it is a surprisingly fully-featured procedural platformer, and it is something I am proud of.
Help Harry escape the procedurally generated caves!
How to play:
Walk and climb - arrow keys
Burp (attack) - X
Jump - Z or C
Dig - down arrow
- Harry will starve if you don't eat mushrooms along the way. Make sure to grab them!
- the caves are randomly generated every game. If you get a tough set of caves, don't be afraid to try again!
- If you get enough mushrooms, a powerup will appear above harry. GRAB THESE! they are they key to running faster, jumping higher, and burping harder!
- when harry digs on flat ground, he will pile up the ground behind him. Use this to build platforms to help you climb higher.
- the escape for each level is at the top, in the middle. If you find a way to break the ceiling, however, you can use that too!
- Your hunger will occur at a faster rate each level. Mushrooms are almost always worth a detour.
- You can jump for quite a while after walking off a ledge. Use this to your advantage!
v1.1 - Oct 31 '17
- added text to harry's intro that points out your burping ability. Non-pico8 players did not know to try pushing X.
- increased frequency factor of mushrooms from 1.5 to 2. SHould make things a bit easier.