Hiragana / Katakana Quiz
7/28/2017 - Bugfix; a typo prevented 'fu' from being drawn since the points had been stored as 'hu'.
Now ふ would make a silly 'fu' like that, huh? み, of course!
7/27/2017 - So this is a quick update.. I was going to use something similar to this as an example for the vector animation tool I just finished up. So I started drawing some graphics using that:
BUT... since I made that thing with tris and prims in mind and not 'drawing thick lines'.. it's a little tedious to use for kana :p
..So I made something a little different instead..
So yeah, no real new features. I still plan on coming back to this eventually. But for now, just some (optional) prettier (or at least more legible??) graphics.
5/23/2017 - I meant to add this a while ago but got distracted with figuring out how to fix an issue with the pocketChip. Now that that issue is resolved, I wanted to give some attention to this project, and soo...
- There is now a delay between selecting an answer and moving on to the next question
- (The delay for wrong answers is slightly longer)
- Correct answers are now outlined in green. Incorrect answers are outlined in red. If you pick an incorrect answer, then the outline for the correct answer will flash a bit.
- 'Instant' is now the default control type since it should be, because it's just plain better. (And a /lot/ more convenient for use on the pocketChip.)
[EDIT: Version 1.1 added, which fixes a couple of bugs in the initial release. It also adds an 'instant' directional input method.
Big thanks to ~firefly~ and qbicfeet for catching those issues / suggesting the new input method!]
--Font is based on several jp games for gameboy (they're pretty uniform, but esp Dragon Quest and Pocket Love) adjusted to have everything fit into 8x8. There are a few that aren't that great, sooooo feel free to send better character art!
--Some sort of 'correct' / 'fail' visual effect
- Marathon - Each character appears only once (all/g/k)
- Time-attack (with a limited number of allowed misses)
- Targeted order/learning (adjust order based on what you've been missing)
- JLPT5 Kanji (using sprites for radicals?)