My entry to the 3-Color Jam (#3CJam), where you had to create a "spooky" game that used no more than 3 colours (and yes, Black is a colour!). It is an attempt to make a short adventure game, based heavily on the movie "Halloween" by John Carpenter.
I created it using my SCUMM-8 point & click adventure game engine (GitHub link)
CONTROLS:Also, for the best effect: turn the lights down and the sound up or headphones)! :D
- Mouse is recommended
- (Arrows / Z / X - will also work)
A "POINT & CLICK" PRIMER:
- If never played a "Point+Click" adventure game before...
- Simply use the cursor and (left) click where you want the player to Walk To.
- To interact with objects, click on the Verb you wish to perform, then click on the object.
- For example, to Pick-up the Knife... simply click "PICK-UP" and then click on the "Knife" object in the scene.
- When hovering the cursor over objects, their default verb/action (if applicable) will be highlighted. In this case, you can simply Right-click on the object for the default verb/action to be performed.
CREDITS & THANKS:
- Code, Art & Music (cover): Paul Nicholas (@Liquidream)
- Additional design by Hilda Nicholas.
- Original "Halloween" Music, Concept & Credit: John Carpenter